For Sale by Private Treaty

Holy Faith Convent Killester

Exceptional opportunity to acquire approximately 0.97 hectare/2.4 acre site,
750m from Killester DART Station.

Best Bids Deadline Friday 14th July 2017

Please see Invitation to Bid in the Data Room for further bidding instructions

Currently a residence of the Holy Faith Order, the property offers significant development potential,
subject to planning permission.  Zoned Objective 15 (Institutional) in the Dublin City Development Plan 2016 – 2022.

The Property

The Holy Faith Convent (the Convent), which measures approximately 770 Sq. M./8,288 Sq.
 
Ft. sits on an irregular site of approximately 0.97 hectares/2.4 acres.Access to the site is gained via two vehicular and pedestrian points from St Brigid’s Road.
 
The site abuts private residential gardens on the north and south boundary, with St Mary’s Secondary School to the east and St Brigid’s Road to the west. (More...)

History

The origins of the property can be traced back nearly 100 years, when in 1928 the Holy Faith Order acquired a much larger site from the Dublin Garden Estates.
 
The Convent building was designed and its construction procured over the years to follow. The Convent, which is clad in Welsh brick and Navan Limestone, was completed in 1932.
 
It is thought the Convent was designed by the renowned architect John J Robinson following his return from the UK in 1913. (More...)
 

Location

The Convent is located to the east of St. Brigid’s Road, in the village of Killester, Dublin 5.
 
Killester is a small residential borough approximately 5km north east of Dublin City Centre. The surrounding area is made up of mostly of low density residential units.
 
Killester benefits from good public transport links, including several bus routes and QBCs to the city centre, as well as Killester DART Station which is a mere 750 metres (9-minute walk) from the subject property. (More...)
© 2019 holyfaithconventkillester
Site development by WebPress Design